Over the years our organization has been active within the community – locally, nationally, and even internationally! Check out the posts below for more information about all the things we have done.
- KCTV Article RE: Kidney Search for Joe WrenWe are working hard to help Joe Wren, a teen with Prune Belly Syndrome find a kidney donor by sharing his story on our social media platforms. e met Joe in Colorado, during the awareness trip. At the time his Kidney was ok. We started helping with the Kidney search on November 2, 2020. His…
- Interview with AMC Princess AnaI sat down with AMC Princess Ana, a local AMCer who is a rising star on social media! Check out the video below. -Marty
- Metro Times UK ArticleCheck out this article from Metro Times UK about Marty and PSGF! Read the article by visiting https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/scissor-man-born-no-hip-joints-defies-warnings-die-without-walking-12517770/
- 2019 Prune Belly ConferenceThis year’s Prune Belly Syndrome convention was held from July 24th to 28th in Phoenix, Arizona. I was thrilled that Project Scissor Gait Foundation was be one of the sponsors. Convention sessions covered a wide range of topics such as genetics, urology, nephrology, gastroenterology. communication with medical teams and educators plus lots of time to…
- On the move again: California and ColoradoThis month I was on the move again! I traveled out to California for part of Misha’s 2nd awareness trip! I met up with them in Los Angeles and San Diego. We had a blast visiting with families impacted by Arthrogryposis, adding more handprints to the car, and even visiting Capitol Records. After hanging with…
- 5th Anniversary FundraiserWow! We are so blown away by the support you all have shown us over the past five years. It makes sense then that our 5th anniversary fundraiser event would be incredible. We raised over $10,000! The event featured speeches by Marty, Retired Detroit Red Wings player Darren McCarty, and Jude, a local teen with Arthrogryposis.…
- Arthrogryposis Day at Greenville Shriners HospitalToday I had the opportunity to be part of an event held at the Greenville Shriners Hospital in Greenville, SC. The event was organized by Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support Inc. and Shriners Hospital. I was invited to attend as an adult representative. It was great seeing old and new friends. -Marty
- Adventures in PeruOur last post said that 2019 was going to be an incredible year and we weren’t wrong! I just returned from a month long awareness trip to Peru. I had the amazing opportunity to visit Misha and her husband Mike for awhile in my first international awareness trip. The highlight of the trip was meeting…
- The Ladies Oriental Shriners held a fundraiser for PSGF2019 is off to a great start! We are so thankful for the support of the local Ladies Oriental Shriners organization. They held a Murder Mystery themed fundraiser for us earlier this month. Check out a few photos below. We just know this is going to be an incredible year! -The Project Scissor Gait Foundation…
- New tshirts and hoodies are hereWe’re so excited about the fact that we have new tshirts and hoodies available for purchase! Reach out to us via email or social media for more info. -The PSGF Board of Directors
- Awarded the D-MAN Foundation’s INSPIRE AwardI’m so blown away by the support PSGF and I have received throughout the years. The D-MAN Foundation recently awarded me their INSPIRE Award. This is so special to me because this gets at the heart of one the reasons I started PSGF. Of course I didn’t take any photos from last night but I’m…
- Prune Belly Syndrome Mini-Meetup in Columbus, OHThis past weekend I attended a mini-meetup for families impacted by Prune Belly Syndrome. It was great seeing old and new friends. -Marty
- Retired Detroit Red Wing Joey Kocur’s Celebrity Softball GameEarlier this month I had the chance to attend a charity softball game hosted by Retired Detroit Red Wing Joey Kocur. I had a great time watching the game and letting more people know about PSGF. -Marty UPDATE: The Joey Kocur Foundation made a $500 donation to go towards our upcoming 5th Anniversary event!
- Arthrogryposis Conference in Columbus, OHThis year’s AMC Conference was held in Columbus, OH. It was a great way to wrap our whirl-wind AMC Awareness road trip adventure. Marty was able to meet with many families and individuals impacted by a diagnosis of Arthrogryposis. This year Project Scissor Gait Foundation was able to present Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support Inc. a…
- AMC Great American Road Trip Vol. 2 Photo Gallery
- Look at all these AMC handprints!
- Facebook Live: Recap of the AMC Awareness Trip
- AMC Awareness: Nick’s Story
- AMC Awareness: Recap of New York and New Jersey
- AMC Awareness: Courtney’s Story